Wednesday, September 23, 2015

 New Woodlice Project

so just recently I decided that I feel like there is a lack of supply in my area of reputable dealers or sales thereof for woodlice AKA(slaters) hence I have deiced to get back into breeding them, now while this may be a very easy task to achieve, I am attempting to do something a little bit different, instead of just dumping all the woodlice in a box, throwing some food at them and chucking them in a warm dark place ( my hot water cabinet ) I have decided that I would like to do some selective breeding of the different colour variations so that I can have four variations in colour, these being the typical grey, orange, spotted orange and domino which are like the grey ones but a bit more splotchy in colour, I am hoping that they breed at a rate being viable so that I don’t take too long to achieve a good supply. Please follow me if you would like to see the progress. Thanks

this is the base culture newspaper,bread and coir peat base.

 The domino ones that i have selected so far, note the white splotches.

 These are some of the more orange ones that I found but are not the true orange ones yet.

 Closeup of partial orange ones

 Overall of my setup and containers

 The Base culture in all its Glory!


If you find this interesting or have any questions, of how to do this successfully please ask and i will help where and when i can. and enjoy my project. peace

No comments:

Post a Comment